Recent Awards

TGM Social Media

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawke12

re: a poem

For a dear friend, She knows whom she is ..

Sleep .. slowly slips away, I awake with a sense of contentment .. I do not even try to wonder why, I revel in the fading feeling as it slowly gives way to the intrusion of the world, I hug myself , as I prepare, for yet another day .

As I prepare to face the new day, I catch glimpses and thoughts of another .. some one else whom has overcome the odds and yet still smiles to themselves and to the world in general .
Sometimes a smile seems just so hard to bring to my face and to my heart. and yet I see others do it everyday . *stands up, pulls my boots on and keeps on trying my best*

Sometimes the inspiration one gets is from a most unlikely source, a homeless person that just makes you smile as they give you a hug, for just being yourself, or the customer that is having an awful day, and yet you made them smile ..
I am finding in myself , that it is the little things that truly matter, the big stuff takes care of them self

Jump to: